Maharashtra VS Gujarat State Comparison | Marathi Vs Gujarati People
Maharashtra VS Gujarat State Comparison: In this article, we will compare two big and developed states of India, Maharashtra, with Gujarat.
Let me tell you that both Maharashtra and Gujarat both states have the same foundation day, which is 1st May 1960. Because before 1960, both Maharashtra and Gujarat came under Bombay State. But the Gujarati and Marathi people wanted to create their separate states. For this, the Maha-Gujarat movement was started by the Gujarati people. The Samyukta Maharashtra movement was started by the Marathi people in 1956, on 1 May 1960, Bombay State was divided into two parts, one state was named Maharashtra, and the other state was Gujarat.
1. GDP of Maharashtra VS Gujarat
GDP i.e. Gross Domestic Product, measures the economic health of any state or country. The GDP of Maharashtra is $430 Billion and is the largest state in India in terms of GDP, while the GDP of Gujarat State is $230 Billion and It is the third-largest state in India in terms of GDP. The GDP of Gujarat has been growing at the rate of 12% for the last 12 years, which is more than the GDP rate of China.
2. The population of Maharashtra vs Gujarat
If we talk about population, then the population of Maharashtra is around 11.42 crores, and It is the 2nd-largest state in India in terms of population. The population density of Maharashtra is 370 people/sq.km. On the other hand, Gujarat has a population of 6.27 crores, and it is the 9th-largest state in India in terms of population. The population density of Gujarat is 308 people/sq.km.
3. Area of Maharashtra vs Gujarat
If we talk about the area, then the total area of Maharashtra is 3,07,713 sq. km. It is the 3rd-largest state of India after Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan. Mumbai is the capital and largest city of Maharashtra. Maharashtra has 36 districts, while Gujarat’s total area is 1,96,024 sq km, and It is the 6th-largest state in India in terms of area. Gandhinagar is the capital of Gujarat and Ahmedabad is the largest city here.
4. The religion of Maharashtra VS Gujarat
Talking about religion, there are 79.8% Hindus, 11.5% Muslims, 5.8% Buddhists, 1.2% Jains, 1% Christians, 0.7% Sikhs, and people of other religions live in Maharashtra state. On the other hand, in Gujarat, 88.57% Hindus, 10.56% Muslims, 0.96% Jains, 0.52% Christians, 0.10% Sikhs, 0.08% Buddhists, and people of other religions live.
5. Languages of Maharashtra VS Gujarat
Talking about languages, Marathi is the most spoken language in Maharashtra and Marathi is also the official language here. Around 68.93% speak Marathi, 12.89% Hindi, 6.71% Urdu, 2.11% Gujarati, and 9.36% Telugu and other language speaking people live here. While the Gujarati language is the most spoken in Gujarat, Gujarati is also the official language here. In Gujrat, 85.97% Gujarati, 7.06% Hindi, 1.96% Sindhi, 1.52% Marathi, 3.49% Urdu, and other speaking people live.
6. Famous food of Maharashtra VS Gujarat
Let’s talk about the famous food of these two states. In Maharashtra, you can find Vadapav, Misal Pav, Pav Bhaji, Puran Poli, Coconut Modak, Kanda Poha, Solkadhi, Pithal Bhakar, Aamras, Chicken Kolhapuri, and Aloo Vadi. In Gujarat, Khaman Dhokla, Thepla, Fafda-Jalebi, Khandvi, Undhiyu, Handvo, Dabeli, Muthia, Khichu, and Gujarati Kadhi are very famous.
7. Literacy rate of Maharashtra VS Gujarat
Regarding literacy rate, Maharashtra’s literacy rate is 82.34%, while Gujarat’s is 80%.
8. Fertility rate of Maharashtra VS Gujarat
Fertility rate means how many children a woman gives birth to on an average. Let me tell you, the fertility rate of Maharashtra is 1.9 births per woman, while Gujarat’s fertility rate is 2.2 births per woman.
9. Top 10 largest cities
Friends, if we talk about the top 10 largest cities of these two states, then the top 10 largest cities of Maharashtra include cities like Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Nashik, Aurangabad, Solapur, Dhule, Amravati, Kolhapur, and Nanded. On the other hand, Gujarat’s top 10 largest cities include Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar, Gandhinagar, Gandhidham, Nadiad, and Junagadh.
10. Poverty Rate of Maharashtra VS Gujarat
If we talk about the poverty rate, then the poverty rate of Maharashtra is 17.35%, while that of Gujarat is 16.63%. That is, 16.63% of the people of Gujarat are below the poverty line.
11. Festivals of Maharashtra VS Gujarat
Talking about the festivals of these two states, the major festivals of Maharashtra state are Ganesh Utsav, Janmashtami, Narli Purnima, Gudhi Padwa, and Makar Sankranti are celebrated lavishly, while in Gujarat, Navratri, Rann Utsav, Shyamlalji Mela, Janmashtami, and Uttarayan are celebrated grandly.
12. Famous Personalities of Maharashtra vs Gujarat
Friends, if we talk about the famous people of Maharashtra, then famous personalities from Maharashtra like Chhatrapati Shivji Maharaj, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, Lokmanya Tilak, Swatantraveer Savarkar, Balasaheb Thackeray, Anna Hazare, Dadasaheb Phalke, Lata Mangeshkar, Sunil Gavaskar, and Sachin Tendulkar, on the other hand, famous people of Gujarat states are Mahatma Gandhi, Mohammad Ali Jinnah, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Morarji Desai, Homi Bhabha, Vikram Sarabhai, Jamsetji Tata, Dhirubhai Ambani, Narendra Modi, and Sunita Willims.
The wealthiest people of India, like Mukesh Ambani, Dilip Sanghvi, Gautam Adani, Azim Premji, and Pallonji Mistry, are also from Gujarat.
13. Interesting Facts about Maharashtra and Gujarat
Interesting Facts about Maharashtra
1. In Mumbai, more than 75 lakh people travel by Mumbai local every day, equal to Switzerland’s whole population.
2. Lonar lake in Buldhana district of Maharashtra state was formed by the collision of a meteor, a saltwater lake. Only one such lake in India is found in Lonar, Maharashtra.
3. India’s first film was made in Maharashtra, which Dadasaheb Phalke made in the Nashik district.
4. The world’s largest onion market is located in the Nashik district of Maharashtra and Nashik district produces almost half of the world’s onions.
5. Maharashtra has the highest number of water dams in India, but sadly, most dams are still dry.
6. Maharashtra has the highest number of forts, for which we thank Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, who built more than 300 forts in Maharashtra during his reign.
Interesting Facts about Gujarat
1. Gujarat is one of the most developed states of India; this state shares the national border with Maharashtra, Rajasthan, and Madhya Pradesh, while it shares the international border with Pakistan.
2. The coastline of Gujarat is the largest of all the states of India, which is about 1600 km long.
3. There are more than 18000 villages in Gujarat, and every village has an electric connection.
4. Gujarat has 17 airports which are the highest among all states in India.
5. 80% of the world’s diamonds are polished in Surat, Gujarat.
6. Gujarat comes first in producing cotton, milk, and salt in India, and about 70% of India’s salt is exported from here.
7. Gujarat has the highest number of vegetarian people compared to all the states of India.
8. The world’s largest statue, “The Statue of Unity”, is in Gujarat, whose height is 182 meters.
So friends, which state do you like the most, Maharashtra or Gujarat? Do write in the comment box.
Also Read: Andhra Pradesh VS Telangana State Comparison